Getting a Special Investor’s Resident Visa (SIRV) in the PH


PassportThe Special Investor’s Resident Visa (SIRV) allows you to live in the Philippines for an indefinite time if you have met and maintained the required qualifications and investments. As long as your investment exists, you have the right to live and stay in the country.

Below, Triple i Consulting shares some things you need before applying:

Who Can Apply for a SIRV?

Non-nationals who are at least 21 years of age are eligible if they’re willing to invest at least $75,000. They shouldn’t have a criminal record, especially those involving moral turpitude. They shouldn’t also have a disability, mental disorder, or any dangerous and contagious disease. The spouse and unmarried children (below 21 years old) may also get the same visa.

What are the Allowable Forms of Investment?

The government only allows investments or shares of stocks in new, existing, or proposed corporations. These include companies with activities that are part of the major sectoral classifications under the services sectoral classification list of the Philippine Central Product Classification (PCPC) like those in the communication, construction, and many other sectors.

Publicly listed companies and companies taking part in areas included in the Investment Priorities Plan (IPP) of the Board of Investments list are also eligible forms of investment.

What Proof Should You Present?

Proof of investment differs whether you’re a new or existing corporation, if you bought your shares from an existing stockholder or if your investment in shares is in publicly listed corporations. It’s best to check official government information to make sure you won’t miss anything.

Multiple copies of your Articles of Incorporation and By-laws, certified true copies of your Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registration, a lease contract or proof of ownership of office, and a corporate secretary’s certificate are only some examples.

The SIRV is a good opportunity for you stay longer in the Philippines. If you find this process complicated, then don’t be afraid to seek for professional help.